If you need help with Kodu Basics, click on the link below and watch the YouTube playlist.
Click below to watch "1-minute-or-less" videos" to make your games better. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Click below to watch tutorials on how to make specific types of games:
Tips for making your first games
1. Summarize 3 pieces of advice that video game designers have for beginner video game designers.
2. Email a document as an attachment through Outlook.
Today, you'll be checking out a video talking about what to avoid when trying to make your first game. I am sure your game will be awesome, but I thought an listening to an expert would be helpful before giving it a shot. There's also a worksheet for you to complete on your computer. You'll have to email it to me so make sure you follow all the instructions!
Step 1: Download the document below and place it in "Documents" in your computer.
Step 2: Watch the video below as you fill out your worksheet that you downloaded. Read the instructions on the worksheet!
Step 3: When your finished, Save and Close your document.
Step 4: Email the document to me through Outlook on Office 365. See below for more specific instructions.
1. On your desktop (Home Screen) open Office 365 and sign in.
2. Click on "Outlook"
3. Click on "New"
4. Type my email in "To" -- email@example.com
5. Type "Worksheet" in the Subject.
6. Click "Attach" --- then "Computer" ---- then find document in "Documents" --- then "Attach as Copy"
7. Click "Send"
1. Learn how to add characters and objects to a Kodu world.
2. Program characters to move and eat objects.
Step 1: Open up the Kodu App on your desktop.
Step 2: Click on Load World.
Step 3: Click on and complete the tutorials in this order:
1. First Tutorial
2. Programming Kodu Tutorial
3. Add/Paint Tutorial
4. Filter Tutorial
1. Discuss the idea of video game design as an expressive art form after watching a video clip of a video game designer.
2. Identify how video games effectively engage players by teaching basic skills through level design, by creating a storyline or plot, and game environment design.
3. Evaluate two Kodu Game Lab games on a graphic organizer after playing them. Evaluation is based on how effectively the games teach basic game skills, how effectively the game environment is designed and how engaging the storyline of the game is.
Step 1: Watch the video below.
Step 2: Click on the link below and play the game for 5 minutes. Then evaluate the game with Mr. Vela.
D = Move Right
A = Move Left
S = Duck or go down a tube
W = Jump
Shift = Run and shoot fireballs
Step 3: Click on the link below and select two (2) games to evaluate (choose one that you liked and one you disliked from the previous lesson). Use the handout.
Step 4: Leave a comment in the comment section by answering the following questions:
Step 5: Watch one of the videos below: